avoidingeurope

Thoughts and tales from the saddle - on my own in Europe.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

France

Blimey - is it time to leave already? Yes, it is. Nearly.

In six days I will be getting on a ferry to St Malo and not coming back for 19 days. What I do in those 19 days remains to be seen. I will hopefully be cycling 400 miles to a small place near Figeac, in Southern France, staying for three days, then cycling back.

Whether I can do that or not only time will tell. I may have completely misjudged the distance and my capability to cycle that far. I might have an accident or my bike might fall apart. I might hit a sheep on a small country lane, fall unconscious and wake up two weeks later in a barn, having been nursed back to health by the sheep and her family.

It's all unknowns at the moment and there's only one way of finding out what will happen - by getting out there and doing it. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home