avoidingeurope

Thoughts and tales from the saddle - on my own in Europe.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Changing Plans

Easter has been and gone and I haven't cycled LEJOG yet - or, indeed, JOGLE. My plans have changed so much that I am now at a point where I don't really have any plans for this year! I am aware that it is less than a year before I leave, however, and that my savings really do need to start being more strictly controlled.

I don't know if I made it clear before, but I am now starting 'Avoiding Europe' in March 2007. I have put the date back from September 2006 partly for weather reasons (I'd rather head off into Summer than Winter) and partly for money reasons - it simply allows me more time to save more money.

The other thing I have been thinking about is what I'm actually going to do while I'm out there. Sure, I'll be cycling, seeing new places, learning new languages, relaxing, cycling, eating, seeing some sights, 'Avoiding Europe', cycling some more...but I'd like a bit more if I can get it. I want to experience as large a variety of things and people as I can. Which brings me neatly to a new section of the website that should be up soon - Give Me a Job! It will be self explanatory so please have alook when it's up.

Aside from that I'm deciding what to do for 'training' this year. LEJOG may still happen around Autumn time but I am concentrating more on this Summer. My girlfriend has gotten herself a job in Germany for a month or so in June/July, so I thought I might take a ride out there. Maybe through France, Belgium and Holland for a week or so then stay in her hotel for a week. Isn't there some sort of sporting event going on around that time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home