avoidingeurope

Thoughts and tales from the saddle - on my own in Europe.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Day 150 - Kalampaka - Central Greece

Today I saw a tortoise crossing the road in front of me. Like, a wild one. Not one from a box in someone's garden that sleeps all the time. It made me laugh. I like tortoises.

Here's some TouristTube for you, with a (very) brief appearance from 'The (New) Beard', especially for I.T. (and yes, I know, I still need to work on my camera skills):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUzUafUjq08

I've also been forced into this Facebook thing. One plus side is that I can share photos with non-members. Here's some random views from the bike for you:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3880&l=5ed7b&id=528356526

4 Comments:

  • At 3:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Never mind that, where's the tortoise? And don't say you didn't have time to get the camera out...

     
  • At 7:35 pm, Blogger P. said…

    and yes, I know, I still need to work on my camera skills

    At least this one wasn't from the perspective of someone 27 feet tall. Not that blue sky isn't always nice to look at and dream of one day seeing again.

    And om urr. You said a bad word.

     
  • At 3:43 pm, Blogger Percy Herbert said…

    The Face one? I know, awful isn't it.

     
  • At 8:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I cycled the other way two years ago and there was plenty of snow around the ski resort and lower - canoping just below the top of the pass in snow storm at -5C was interesting

    psmiffy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home