avoidingeurope

Thoughts and tales from the saddle - on my own in Europe.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Them

I can hear you, you know, your cries in the night,
You laughter that floats on the breeze, out of sight.
Your singing and chanting, and shouting sometimes,
Those are a few of your most common crimes.

I see you each day, together, by the shore,
Or buying the things you, for some reason, adore.
You don't see me, I'm happy to say,
Sitting, observing, staying out of your way.

I want you to know that I see what you have,
The chinks of your glasses, your sun tanned backs.
I envy you this, wish I could see,
Just for a moment, those same things for me.

The time when you notice is during the day,
I'm alone then too, in a different way.
You stare at me strangely, like I'm an alien thing,
As if I am crazy, not living a dream.

I need you, you know, sometimes, by my side,
Watching my footsteps, matching my stride.
Helping me see the ways I've gone wrong,
Singing with me my favourite song.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and chorus!

    Naw,naw,nawwwww,naw-naw........

    ;o)

    Go Percy!

     
  • At 6:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blimey, philosophy, it must be Italy! More to come in Greece?

    Broadsword

    P.S. don`t take any of the stuff Vinokourov might have been on today!

     
  • At 1:03 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Should these lyrics be sung to the tune of "These are a few of My Favourite Things" from sound of music?
    Or have I overdosed on 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue?'


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dNV7a3vck

     
  • At 4:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Broadsword comments further......

    Are blog responses predictive of the future? Roger uses "overdosed" and Broadsword makes an uncanny observation on Vino`s remarkable time trial performance....
    Anyone have any racing tips? (not cycle racing please)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home